Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Change of Plans

I don't know about you, but I am a creature of habit.  I buy the same things at the grocery store.  When I go on a trip, I stop at the same exit.   As life happens, we go to the same places, see the same friends, even go to the same vacation spots.    If we are honest with ourselves, I think most of us are this way.  As some of you know, I have reason to go to North Carolina whenever I can to see the  girls and of course now the guys also.  The trip on I-40 East is wonderful with great scenic sights.

Sometimes when you are driving it is almost like driving into the clouds. Two weeks ago I went with Kelsey and Kaleb to North Carolina to visit Paige and Olivia.   Seeing all my grandchildren at the same time was quite a treat and enjoyed by all.   


So you can understand my dilemma when I found out the road no longer existed, the road I just traveled to get to NC.  When Marli, Rudy and girls returned home last week-end from visiting Tennessee family, they informed me of a great landslide that had taken place 2.6 miles into NC on I-40.
I  immediately remembered pictures I had taken on earlier trips.   I remembered the large nets that were affixed to the rocks on the side of the mountains next to the road.  And I thanked the Lord we were safe and sound by His Grace.


So now, I must find another way, another way to get to my NC destination.  Sigh, I must change my habits, change my plans.

1 comment:

  1. Send me a picture of the 4 kids. It's really good. Good story Mom.

    ReplyDelete