Friday, October 9, 2009

Be Careful What You Ask For!

I had a big adjustment three years ago when my daughter moved to another state and not only did she go but she took my 2 granddaughters with her.  Of all the things I thought she might do, moving away from me wasn't one of them.  I was mad.  Now I wasn't mad at her, I was mad at the Lord.  You see, I had asked Him to make Himself more real in Marli's life,  make her want to serve Him more, have a closer relationship with Him.    Little did I know He had plans for her that didn't include me.  


When Olivia (the 6 year old) was small she would go to church with Meme (me) and she enjoyed it a lot.  Recently when she visited,  she wanted to know if we were "going to Meme's church where all those people loved her".   So to say she has a good impression of church is pretty accurate.  When Marli moved with Paige and Olivia, I was worried that Olivia wouldn't get to go to church.  Who would teach her about Jesus?  Who would tell her all the stories of the Bible, you know about Mary and the baby?  Who would tell her about the wonderful Savior who died for our sins and rose on the third day?

Time went by and many different things happened in this thing called life.  But I noticed on Marli's blog recently,  Olivia has made 2 different comments about Jesus.  You see, Marli takes Olivia to church each Sunday now.  Not Meme, Momma.   And that's the way it should be.  So when you ask the Lord to fix something for  you, be careful what you ask for because sometimes He does it in a way that isn't quite what you expected.

9 - For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
10 - For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Is 55:8 KJV

2 comments:

  1. Hey Marie! Love the blog! Welcome to blogland. Can I add you to my list of blogs on my blog? (www.bountifulacres.typepad.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you can. Read Marli's too
    http://asampleofourbiglife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete